By registering a team, you are committing to organizing a lineup each week and providing a team for your opponents to play against. You are also agreeing on behalf of your team to abide by the BB/SAA Code of Conduct and COVID-19 Return to Play guidelines.
All players MUST be added to your team roster before participating in games. It is the responsibility of the team manager to provide players with the link to their online roster, to ensure that the players sign the roster and provide their contact information.
You are required to report scores of your games and are encouraged to review field prep and umpire performance.
You (or a representative from your team) are also required to attend the mandatory managers’ meeting. This meeting is your main opportunity to provide feedback and to be involved in season decisions. We discuss division placement, days of play, rules, and other league information as well as handing out your season “packet” (game balls, score book, etc.). Specific date, time and directions to the meeting will be communicated to registered managers via email and made available on the website.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in events and activities sanctioned by the Bellevue Baseball/Softball/Athletic Association ("BB/SAA"), I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent disability or death. While skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does and will always exist.
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of BB/SAA or others, and assume full responsibility for any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to persons or property resulting from my participation.
- I willingly agree to comply with all stated and customary rules and guidelines for participation, including the rules and guidelines described in the BB/SAA Code of Conduct and COVID-19 Return to Play guidelines, as well as regards protection against infectious diseases. I agree to accept any actions taken against me for failure to abide by such rules and guidelines. If I observe any unusual and significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of BB/SAA immediately.
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS BB/SAA, United States Specialty Sports Association ("USSSA"), the City of Bellevue and its Parks & Community Services Department, King County and its Parks Department, and Washington State Softball Umpires Association (“WSSUA”), and their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, or advertisers ("Releasees"), with respect to any or all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to persons or property associated with my presence or participation, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.